Monday, August 10, 2015

PALIMBANG: WORK ALA TRAVEL





As an Non-Government Organization (NGO) staff, we do travel a lot depending on the project, and our area of implementation. Since it's my first blogging experience, gonna write about my travel in one of Sultan Kudarat Province's municipality, Palimbang. It is a coastal area in Mindanao. Actually, I went there not for just a trip or a vacation but, it's work-related. (ahem)

But then, I was able to enjoy the whole trip. You can get there, 3-hour drive from General Santos City.



Here are the captivating view of the Municipality.


You'll never get bored while on travel with their eye-catching beach, just along the side of the main road. Beach really captivates me if only I had enough time so I could bathe there.




The perks of having an office car? COMFORTABLE TRIP. With only me, alone at the back seat, taking selfies. Nyeeh..

And ofcourse, the highlight of my travel experience there, I was able to see with my own eyes the historic remains of the Mosque in Malisbong village, the historic massacre in 1970s. (Please, have time searching this controversial history for it will move you into tears.)

The facade of the Mosque in Malisbong Village

The Mosque's interior.
It is obvious that the villagers preserved the holy place so people won't forget the tragic history. While we were there, there's something I feel that I could not decipher what it is. Maybe it's a mixture of emotions. Our visit there triggered me to read and ask my parents about the HISTORY.

My travel buddies. Yes, I'm the Unica Hija. *winks*

If only I had a lot of time, I'm gonna explore more about this place. I consider going back here soon. In God's will so I could write more about this place on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment